Specifically to Niall Kennedy and Dave Sifry, both of whom responded personally to my Technorati Tag Problems (redux) post. In fact, Niall responded so quickly that it was almost real-time, like an IM conversation (maybe he sees those Technorati: Search for Niall Kennedy results straight from the database ).
Niall’s help was invaluable, as it pointed me to an issue I was unaware of, that my tags need to be in the body of the post and can’t be in the meta-data. This information is available on the Technorati help pages, but is 2 links away from the main tagging help page; arguably I never would have spent the time to research it this much without Niall’s information.
That is not to mention the other 2 problems I encountered that were entirely my fault. The first is that I was neglecting to include my tags (which I create with the WordPress Technorati Tags Plugin) in my feed. That’ll make it a little difficult for Technorati to find my tags, I suspect. The second problem that I ran into was that even after dropping my tags in the post body and then into my RSS 2.0 feed, Technorati is not indexing my RSS 2.0 feed. I was only able to discover this by using the developer’s bloginfo query, where I discovered that as far as Technorati is concerned my rss feed is the rss 0.9 feed I publish. It would be nice if I could see that information from my Technorati: Claimed Weblogs page, but I didn’t see any way of doing that. It would also be nice to be able to update the referential data that Technorati has on my blog, but again I didn’t see that option available.
Once again, thanks to both Niall and Dave for their attentiveness. I’m tagging happily now.