Search All Plugin
Some time ago, Dan Cameron, who wrote the original Search Everything on which I based this plugin, incorporated the additions I made to his original work, and I’ve neglected to point users over to his work. If you’re interested in the things that Search All did, please go support Dan’s work instead.
Search All Plugin ([Get Dan's plugin]) adds capability to search pages, attachments, draft posts, and comments to the WP default search, with an admin console to contol search options.
Installation is simple. Download the archive file and extract it. Copy the search_all.php file to your plugins directory. Enable the plugin and visit the options page to set the options.
- Search Pages – search the content of pages for the searched for string
- Search Comments – search for posts with comment containing the searched for string
- Approved Comments Only – if checked will only check the contents of approved comments; otherwise will search all comments
- Search Drafts – include posts with Draft status in the search
- Search Attachments – include uploaded file’s title’s and descriptions for the searched for string.
Each checked option will be added to the default WordPress search function.
This plugin is obsolete
See above, or go get Dan Cameron’s Search Everything
- removed requirement for searchform.php
- fixed comment search bug
- initial release
Thanks to Dan Cameron for Search Everything, and via Search Everything, thanks to to David B. Nagle for Search Pages and before that to Rob Schlüter for this hack.
This plugin discards some of the options for exact and sentence searches included in Search Everything because there’s apparently no way for user easily to access these options (aside from typing into the URL). It also removes some of the query-string safety functions in Search Everything, because it seems to me that those are adequately handled in the wp-db class in WordPress.
Please leave a comment below.